Friday 1 July 2011

Amisha Patel vs. Bipasha Basu

So it was the IIFA's in Toronto last week, and boy what a great show it was. Many of B'town's top divas showed up, 2 of which - Bipasha and Amisha, in the same dress!

Bipasha vs. Amisha | IIFiasco
These 2 have quite a history behind them. They debuted in the early 2000's and were both rivals of Kareena Kapoor in the beginning of their careers because Bebo was the leader of the newbies pack at that time. And we all know, Kareena really went to town and bashed down any possible contender to her throne. So it looked like the two divas had joined forces. They never signed any movies together but worked on a photo shoot for a sizzling Filmfare magazine.

Bipasha Basu and Amisha Patel | Filmfare magazine
But after Amisha made some comments about Bipasha's film 'Jism' in 2003, the two have been bitter rivals themselves. Amisha said that she would never do a film so vulgur and sexual because her grandmother would be offended. In return Bipasha responded on Koffee With Karan, alongside the giggling Lara Dutta that "Amisha doesn't have the physical attributes to carry out a Jism, to be very honest. (Lara laughs). You need a woman, a full package for the role. She's too petite, too small. Her whole is wrong, she would not fit a Jism."


Karan Johar, Bipasha Basu, Lara Dutta



So when they both turned up to the event in the same dress in different shades, us bloggers of course are having a field day. But it doesn't stop there.


Bipasha posted on her Twitter:
"IIFA night was great!Thank you Toronto:)Do not feel like leaving but sadly have to leave!Had the best time ever!Also last night a fellow actress landed up wearing the same dress in a diff color as me on d green carpet!It ws quite amusing even for me:) So next time I'll plan my green carpet outfit in advance n nt pull out things frm my cupboard last min!:) Anyways u can't stop the world frm buying d same things n keep a tab on all!".

Amisha responded:
"Thank u sweethearts for loving myy iifa dresses. Ramona narang the designer made them 2 months in advance of the event.Fortunately I don't need to copy anyone.even my red launch party dress was ramonas creation as she knows me n my style since we were kids.I know u all r upset at some nasty n unrequired comments made by another actor. But don't b upset. I'm really unaffected.I don't care if ten people wear same outfit bkos clothes don't make a person.its ur own charm n how u carry it. So I'm chilled.we all have r distinct style. N that is natural to us n not by the clothes we wear.n yes designr ramona narang is a family friend since I was a kid.she knows me v well. As for copying. Y wud I??? How silly!"

To which, an Amisha follower queried:
"i think Bipasha never said anything about you..she infact found the co-incidence amusing..why r u going crazy about nothing??"

Amisha replied:
"darling I also nevr mentioned bipashas name. I think she looked wow.just answring my fans.u have a problem with that sweety?"

What will happen next? A dhamakedaar dance-off item number?

3 comments:

  1. a big lol at this post, they both look great together on that filmfare cover i must say. Come on divas' hug it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I agree, I'm sure they would kiss and make up at the next big event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amisha and Bipasha.............I am Avinash Nandan...from Georgetown Guyana,South America.......I am really big fan of both of u ...................I would also like to become an actor at Bollywood............Hit me up please...

    ReplyDelete